Proton Energy Africa
Proton Energy was established in 2011 (registered and incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) by Executive-Vice Chairman & CEO, Mr Oti Ikomi to develop and operate power plants across Sub Saharan Africa, with a particular focus on Nigeria.
Proton Energy’s team is composed of seasoned professionals with experience in Infrastructure Development, General Management, Operations, Business Development and Finance. The team has over the past 30 years, operated and managed leading African companies and has the requisite deal-sourcing capabilities, industry relationships across the continent and operational expertise to add value to portfolio investments. The core management team is supported by world class advisors with extensive experience across Sub-Saharan Africa.”
As part of the Company’s goal to add 1500MW of installed capacity to the national grid within the next five years, Proton Energy is now developing a 150 MW power plant in Sapele, Delta State, which will expand to 500 MW at Phase 2. This is targeted to reach Financial Close in 2024.
Proton continues to receive high level of support for its projects from all industry stakeholders across State, National and International levels. The Company is an active participant in the Power Africa Initiative, launched at the Africa Summit in Washington DC in August 2014.
Environmental Policy Statement
Protecting our shared environment is of fundamental importance to Proton Energy Limited, as well as our employees and stakeholders. We believe we have a responsibility to care for the environment in which we do our business, and understand that operating in an environmentally and socially sound manner must be a foundation for our long-term growth and profitability. We are therefore fully committed to achieving sound and sustainable environmental and social performance across our business activities.
Proton Energy recognizes our key impacts to be
- Emissions to air and water
- Waste generation
We are committed to
- Complying and adopting the highest national and international environmental and social standards in all our operations, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Continually assess our organizational activities and identify areas where we can minimize impacts.
- Ensuring that protection of the environment is firmly embedded in both the company’s and employees culture, and use best efforts to influence suppliers and customers in like manner.
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Efficient handling and disposal of wastes.
- Clearly communicating our environmental position to all employees and stakeholders.
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Compliance with sound labour practices and working conditions for our employees.
- Reducing risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and the communities where we operate.
- Continually assessing and monitoring the environmental and social impacts of our operations and reviewing our responses to them.
- Proton Energy Limited has developed an Environmental and Social Management System using ISO standards and international requirements to meet its environmental policy objectives. This will be published on the company’s website.
- Proton Energy Limited will periodically review performance of this policy and clearly publish the results.
Partners & Advisors
Proton Energy is supported by a strong advisory team, combining local/international
and commercial/technical skills.