Other projects in the Company’s portfolio are:
- The Proton Delta II is a 500 MW power plant under development in Ughelli, Delta State of Nigeria, and
- Proton Glow is a gas-fired power plant strategically located in Bayelsa State near the state capital, Yenagoa.
The Company is building a pipeline of power projects to expand its power generation assets and contribute in closing the supply deficit in Nigeria.
All projects are strategically located near source of gas and power evacuation infrastructure. Community engagements and good government relations ensure the projects have high buy-in and stakeholder participation.
Proton directly interacts with various Government bodies that have regulatory or commercial interest in the sector. This includes:
- Federal Ministry of Power, Works, and Housing
- Federal Ministry of Finance
- Bureau of Public Procurement
- Federal Ministry of Environment
- Delta State Government
- Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc
- Transmission Company of Nigeria
- Nigeria Gas Company
- Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Gas Aggregation Company of Nigeria